Monday, May 7, 2012

Famous New York moms on what they love to give and get for Mother's Day


Stuck on how to make your mom feel special on Mother’s Day? The city’s hottest mommas and mommies-to-be from fashion, theater and TV dish their picks for the perfect gifts to make Mom feel like a VIP next Sunday.

MARISKA HARGITAY “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” star, founder and president of the Joyful Heart Foundation.“

Gifts that give back are always more meaningful ... The Aqua necklace [benefiting Joyful Heart] makes a beautiful statement that ties any look together — perfect for busy moms! The colors pop, flatter any palette and look fabulous day or night.”

Crystal & Resin Necklace by Aqua, $80 at Bloomingdale’s ($8 from each benefits the charity throughout May 2012) .



ROSANNA SCOTTO Co-anchor of Fox 5’s “Good Day New York.”

“I like staying at home on Mother’s Day and cooking a really big meal together ... so I would like a stone pizza maker . Sometimes we make pizza and throw it right on the grill. I’m in the market for a new Cuisinart food processor. It’s a time saver.”

Emile Henry Flame-Top Pizza Stone, $49.95 at surlatable.com.



NICOLE (SNOOKI) POLIZZI “Jersey Store” star appearing with Jenni Farley in “Snooki & JWoww,” premiering June 21, and author of “Gorilla Beach,” due out May 15 .

What would the pregnant reality star like to receive for Mother’s Day? “ A leopard print photo album to document the baby’s first year, starting with the birth ... and to go on a spa day with Jenni to get some R&R before the baby arrives.”

GIRL Modern Baby Memory Book and Calendar, $60 at etsy.com.


KATIE COURIC ABC News special correspondent and host of daytime talk show “Katie,” premiering on ABC in September.

“I like summer scarves, like Theodora and Callum. They’re really pretty, and they look great to wear over a bathing suit as a sarong, or you can dress them up and dress them down. I like bath products. I love L’Occitane Lemon Verbena ... and I would like my teenage daughters to spend time with me properly! Go to a museum, maybe take a long walk.”

Orange Multi Bodrum Wearable Art Scarf, $80 at theodoraandcallum.com (15% of proceeds benefit Christy Turlington’s Every Mother Counts charity).

Invigorating Verbena Collection, $58 at usa.loccitane.com.



ROSIE POPE Fashion designer and host of Bravo’s “Pregnant in Heels.”

“I’m about to have a baby, so I hope to get some gift vouchers to SoulCycle to help me get back in shape. And every pregnant mother I know loves a little bit of monogramming with the baby’s initials , whether it’s a pendant or some kind of keepsake. And I love a Mother’s Day gift that means I can do stuff with my sons, like a cake pop making kit .”

No comments:

Post a Comment